Közhasznú egyesület. Adószám: 18462391-1-06. Támogasson bennünket SZJA-ja 1%-kával. Köszönjük!
About the Organisation
About the Organisation
The Beretzk Péter Conservation Club started working as a self-motivated group in 1978. At the beginning we organised nature conservation study groups and camps in summer for pupils. By our environmental education we got in touch with other educational institutes working for the same goals, with the Természet Búvár Periodical, with higher educational institutes and domestic non-governmental organisations. Programs for environmental education and nature conservation were worked out together with organisations and research institutes. After that we grounded our association and chose Beretzk Péter, the researcher of the Lake Fehértó in Szeged, as the name of our organisation. Here in the South part of the Great Hungarian Plain, a lot of voluntary environmentalist help the work of our association.
The expert activity of our NGO-members spreads over:
the information on inhabitants about environmental and nature conservation, professional trainings, organizing fieldwork activities, nature-conserving researches, representing and protecting these goals in the domestic and international issues, searching the opportunities of ecoturism, developments, organising forums for the people. Beside that we help the formation, realisation of the environmental programs of the local government, and the finishing of settlemet development plans.
• All the members know that the biosphere is sensitive and the resources are limited. Many people cooperate in the region to protect the biosphere, to sruggle for the nature conservation and environmental issues.
• We search, teach, develop, research and offer the ways of sustainable life style.
• In our programs the members cooperate with the members of the govermental and economical sectors and the inhabitants.
• The environmental education has an important role between our challenges beside the research of local natural values. We try to help to reach the environmental protection of the values and we establish educational paths along them.
• We call the people’s attention to the environmental problems by researches, publications, communal activities, professional programs and aimed lobbying activities
• The issues of our campaigns are in connection with reducing the consequences of climatic changes by conscious actions, the importance of preserving the biodiversity and the opportunities for them.
• We have international connections in these issues and we have collective projects with associations (civil and governmental) from France, Romania, Serbia.
Programs and ecoturism
By the research and determinization of the natural values in Röszke we connected to the regional ecoturistic network.
The surveys managed to reveal the natural and man-made values in Röszke and we worked out our turistical program trying to show all of them. We have 5 paths altogether, establishing the professional ecoturistical programs. Its importance is much more significant, because these paths are connected with other natural paths in Mórahalom, Ásotthalom, Domaszék, Zákányszék and Üllés (the near settlements).
We organise programs along these paths:
Through the fieldwork we try to force the self-supporting „knowledge-collecting” by professional informative books, work-sheets, and the informative tables on the field. All of our publications can be found and bought, and if somebody want to read more about these topics, a free library is available. (Röszke, Juhász Gyula street 1.)
By the ecoturistical programs we make:
- we reveal the endangering factors of the habitats
- designating the ways connecting the stations
- popularise the ecoturistical netwoks by books and on the internet
- making informative tables at the stations
- sustainable management of the protected areas.
About natural values and important environmental problems in Röszke
Röszke and its neighborhood is a typically agricultural landscape with some really valuable locally and regional protected areas, planted forests, trees, with one backwater of the Tisza, cultivated grounds and farms. The surface of the settlement is almost plain, but small sand-hills and deflation hollows from northwest to southeast are determining.
The outer area of Röszke is 3363 hectars. At present 53 hectars, altogehter 7 protected areas can be found there.
The national protected Kancsal-lake, Kisszéksós-lake, and the locally protected Molnár-field, Börcsök-field and Kancsal-field in connection with the Kancsal-lake, the Kóka-field, and the Madarász lake which is between the Natura2000 protected areas are in such deflation hollows. After the regulation of River Tisza, by cutting this part of the river, the Gyálai Holt-Tisza came to birth. It is worth to mention, that in some deflation hollows limestone layers can be seen on the surfice (about 20-60 cm deep). There was only a few precipitation in the last years, and it disappears immediately due to the channels made from the 1960s. The natural values of Röszke were not examined in the last few decades. They did not notice these, and we try to compensate this by researches. By the surveys of our organisation this situation has significantly changed nowadays.
Vegetation of the area:
The significant and valuable vegetation of the deflation hollows are the MOnilia fens(Succiso – Molinietum:Iris spuria, Orchis laxiflora ssp. Palustris, Iris pumila, Dianthus superbus, Carex flacca, Thalictrum lucidum, Deschampsia caespitosa, Cirsium brachycephalum...
Ardea cinerea, Ardea purpurea, Remiz pendulinus, Coracias garrulus, Alcedo atthis...
If you are interested in our programs and our natural values, please do not hesitate and contact us, and we can give you more informations even in English as well.